Spring Dreams: Floral Feast for the Eyes

Sonya Ann at A Mom, Money and More has got me dreaming about Spring (from a comment on one of my previous posts). How about you? Here are some pics showcasing floral blooms from Springs past around the Las Vegas Valley as well as Mount Charleston.



Bursts of red decorated my backyard in April 2007 (of course, neither is native to Las Vegas!).

Gorgeous white blooms near Orchids Garden (a great dim sum place) in Las Vegas (Sahara and Lindell) from Spring 2007.


Beautiful flowers I discovered during a May 2008 roadtrip to what is now known as the Resort on Mount Charleston. I think this may be the Globemallow Sphaeralcea ambigua. But no matter what it is, isn't the rich orange colour lovely? How perfect for a Spring wedding!

I hope everyone is enjoying their January. Spring may be on our minds, but hopefully we can enjoy the next few months of Winter even as we dream of warmer weather.


submit to reddit

Comments

Dia said…
such lovely flowers! Thanks for stopping by my blog - yes, my daughter LOVES 'You Say it Best' - I'll play it, then during the service, her cousin is going to SING it!! Bet there won't be a dry eye, . . . Thanks for the good wishes :)
Sonya Ann said…
You are so SWEET! Thank you so much, what an honor to have someone write an article for me.I feel so special! And by the way WOW!!!! You really have an eye.You made my day, seriously! I'm so sick of looking at snow and shoveling. I think it's been about 10 days and we haven't gotten above freezing. Your beautiful pictures brought some warmth to me. I can feel my toes dethawing now!
Best wishes on you beautiful blog!You've made me your #1 fan(not in a scary Steven King sort of way).
Frances said…
SonyaAnn sent me to this post and it is beautiful! What gorgeous pics as always. It makes me want to get out my camera.

I think tr will be your #1 fan in the scary sort of Stephen King way! Bwaaaahhhaaaaaaa!!!!
A.Marie said…
Oh My Gosh....Those flowers are gorgeous!!!! Just looking at them made me very happy. :)

Popular Posts