Strange Las Vegas Building: Demolition or Creation?

Photo credit: Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas


I came across this interesting (bizarre?) building the other day while wandering around the older Las Vegas area near the University Medical Center, Las Vegas Outlet Mall, Government Building, and World Market... has anyone else been up close to this unique architectural creation?


At first glance this form looked like it was being prepared for demolition. On second glance, I wasn't so sure, so I walked a little closer for a more thorough inspection. It actually seemed to be in the process of being constructed. I don't have a concrete answer on the what, when, or why of this building, but one source told me it may be the brain-child of Guggenheim architect Frank Gehry who masterminded the stunning Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain, as well as the one in NYC, etc. Maybe if I was an avid reader of the Las Vegas Review-Journal I'd be in the loop!
Has anyone else seen or heard of this unique project?

P.S. This unique construction demolition project turned out to be none other than the creation of the fabulous Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health.

        

Comments

EatTravelEat said…
CRAZY! But it looks like it is supposed to be like that way. I have not heard of this project at all...even though I do like looking at Vegas building construction websites to see what is happening.
Theresa C said…
I rated it a 5 star. That is the coolest building that I have ever seen. Will have to go check it out my next trip. Maybe it will become a night club. It has youth written all over it to me. Thanks for posting.
SonyaAnn said…
That is so cool. I hope when it is finished that you will get pictures of the inside.
What a cool picture. I think I might have to go find that building. I don't go down there to often. But now I have a reason!
Anonymous said…
It is the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health. Go to www.keepmemoryalive.org for more info.
Becca said…
Hi Jules, that's a very cool photo. I work over by UMC and I can't say I've ever seen that building in person. I believe it's supposed to be some kind of "brain institute." Sounds interesting huh? Would be fun to get a peek of it on the inside.
Mary said…
I took a tour of this building while it was under construction. It is the brain institute by frank gehry. The part where the photo is of will be the cafeteria.

Popular Posts