Moxie Java Bites the Las Vegas Dust

Hello, Goodbye dear Moxie Java! You are a mirage in my Mojave...


Background: In another time and place, I enjoyed myself a few cuppa at Moxie Java... so I was pleasantly surprised to spot a Moxie outlet here in Las Vegas, about 2 weeks ago, in the distance. At that time I couldn't make a stop to grab a caffe latte so I promised myself that I would soon return.

Last weekend, I found myself near that little shop again, and happily had time for a break... however, I wasn't able to get a coffee this time, either....
A sign on the front door announced that Moxie had closed before the new year... que lastima...
What is it about Las Vegas that only Starbucks and a few Coffee Beans can survive? That is one not so lovely truth about my Lovely Las Vegas.
True, there are some enjoyable coffees to be found within restaurants and Mediterrean markets around these parts, but I'd still love to see some more indie coffee/tea spots... ones with an earthy vibe like Urth Cafe, LA... or ones sporting paintings and photography of local artists... or just any one with decent brews that isn't a large, (inter)national chain.
Photos by Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas

Comments

A.Marie said…
Awwww....I hate it when places get shut out by bigger companies. I love the feel of coffee shops that have some earthiness to them...that Urth Cafe sounds awesome!

Of course, around small town, the only "coffee shop" spot is the local DQ or the free cuppa at the grocery store deli. Fill-er up!! HA! :)
SonyaAnn said…
I'm sorry to hear about that. It seems like so many little shops in Antioch have closed down, too. We have an adorable little tea shop that has somehow managed to hold on. I'm so thankful for that!
Have a great weekend!
Maria said…
We actually have a tea shop downtown now. I wish it would have been here several years ago; we could have enjoyed it together! They have a great "aloe vera" drink that my sister and I love, and, as far as I know, they are not a chain of any kind which makes it all the more wonderful!
Chantal said…
Wow, maybe it's too hot over there?? Or maybe Vegas isn't big on java culture?

Popular Posts