Lovely Las Vegas: Almost-Summer Heat Wave

It seems only a few weeks ago I was excited about the fruitful potential of my backyard container garden.
There were bell peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, jalapenos, cilantro, and parlsey beginning to sprout.
Then, out of no where, it seemed, the Las Vegas heat appeared...
one day slightly chilly, then the next 108 degrees Fahrenheit? Really?
I wasn't the only one in shock. My lavender turned very weepy, the bellpepper (which was supposed to turn yellow) began to get sunburns, and everything, in general, began to droop...
Today, though, I was suprised to see that new life was flourishing.
A purple splash out of nowhere... I think this is related falls in the allium species... Do you know?
Another bud of purple waiting to unfold.
I love it!
I even found this big start of a tomato in the far (shaded!) corner of the garden.
Maybe there is a hope for a little more harvest in my little Las Vegas desert garden?
What do you think?


Photos by Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas

Comments

Linda Robinson said…
I did try a garden last year.. It did ok the best thing that grew were zucchini.. That heat here is a killer.. Your pictures look great!

Hugs, Linda

Popular Posts