Lovely Las Vegas: Firefly Summerlin


 This meal was at the new Firefly in Summerlin (West part of Las Vegas) during the restaurant's soft opening.


Firefly is a popular place for tapas in Las Vegas... I've been to the original, on Paradise, only two times, but both times the experience was wonderful. The place was packed, there was a bit of a wait (generally two good signs of scrumptious food to come) and the dishes were muy, muy, muy delicioso.


I can't even remember the names of all the dishes my dining party shared... but each was well received.


I, unfortunately, was a little tentative about some of the things... it is better to avoid feta in pregnancy, no?
So I stirred clear (sadly) of a few of the little plates.


However, camarones a la diabla... well, I basically had one whole dish to myself. Hello omega-3 fatty acids.  


Another beautifully presented and delicious tapa per my companions, but I didn't indulge since it had goat cheese (another favorite of mine). Oi-vey... no sangria, no soft cheese, no soup (or sopa) for me...  


But of course, there was dessert... and there is always room for a little sweet treat, no? 
The uber-nerd in me loved the fact that my group ordered tres tres leches ; ).  
This was a heavenly treat! And a very important pregnancy indulgence, I think...


She was not a part of our dining party, but was quietly watched over us during the meal.
I think she was wishing for a taste or two.
Maybe the next time we are at Firefly's, we will share?  


Photos by Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas

Comments

Sonia said…
I love read every post and see your wonderful photos.
Love this post with yummy food, lol!! Look delicious!! ;-)
Counting my days to travel to my favorite place LV.

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60
Thanks, Sonia! La comida fue muy delicioso ... es la verdad!
Chantale said…
Jules, are you pregnant? if so, CONGRATULATIONS!! Wow, I didn't know. Did you post about it and I didn't see it? If so, I'm so happy for you!!! Aw this little bambino is going to eat some awesome food in life.. lol! I mean, just look at all this lovely spread.. : )
Have a great weekend Jules!!
ps Thx for your always lovely comments on my blog. It really makes my day!
Theresa C said…
Congrats on the baby in your belly! Wishing you a uneventful pregnancy, easy labor and a healthy baby(s). Congrats again!
Sonia: Thanks for your message! Best wishes on your next Las Vegas viaje! Espero que es muy divertido.
Chantale: It is true! Yes, yes - I hope the little ones likes a variety of foods and enjoys exploring the international culinary world and the globe at large.
Theresa C: Thank you so much for the well wishes... it is very sweet of you! Wishing you a wonderful week.

Popular Posts