Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lovely Las Vegas: Memorial Service for Norwegian Massacre

I am still shocked, and obviously, saddened by the killing spree that occurred in Oslo and on the island of Utøya on 22nd of July... While Scandinavia is home to brilliant minds in the crime/mystery novel scene, I naively thought of those as just things of Svensk novels... not something that would manifest itself in a real, true blood sort of way. 

Unfortunately, my thoughts are forever change. For those similarly saddened and wishing to show suppport for the family and friends of the Norwegian victims, Vegas Viking (the Sons of Norway branch in the Las Vegas valley) has organized a memorial service for the Norwegian tragedy. While I may not be able to attend this event, I will continue to hold Norway in my thoughts and prayers and send positive energy her way...

For those interested, the memorial is Thursday, 28 July 2011 at 7 pm at Christ Lutheran Church, located at 111 N. Torrey Pines Drive. Prior to the event, there will be a book that can be signed (its messages will be send to Norway).

1 comment:

Maria said...

How nice of you to publicize the memorial service in your area. I, too, am still in shock about those tragic events in such a beautiful and seemingly peaceful, tranquil country.

Outbrain Ratings and Recommendations