Lovely Las Vegas: Bellagio's O

The first time I watched O at the Bellagio was a couple of years ago. Going into that first viewing, I had seen several Cirque du Soleil shows, all of which I was capitvated and mesmorized by. Plus, I knew all the hype surrounding O, including the high praises of my husband who had attended it four times due to it being his ultimate favorite show on the Las Vegas Strip. With all that accolades bestowed on said show, it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment to me. Sure, I did enjoy it and could see the beauty and mystique surrounding it, but it wasn't the earth shattering spectacle my mind was prepped for. Sadly, I was a bit bored at times, too (something I'm ashamed to admit).

Fast forward to this past weekend. Due to a lovely invitation from collegues of my husbands, we had the opportunity to see O again. Without great expectations clouding my mind this time, my experience was the exact opposite of last time. With quite a bit of help from some premium seating, the proximity to the theatre stage enhanced my viewing so much that I was incredibly in the moment, absorbing all the details, captivated by the athletism, coreography, and musical feats that radiated from the stage. A new appreciation for the show was developed this past weekend! Finally I can understand the adoration my husband has for O at the Bellagio.

Have you seen O or any of the other Cirque shows? What did you think? Do you have a favorite?

Comments

Popular Posts