Lovely Las Vegas Desserts
Chocolate lovers, take note! Here are places to find tantalizingly good chocolate in Las Vegas:
1) Ethel M Chocolate Factory. Away from the Strip, this is technically in Henderson, Nevada. But it is worth the visit, especially as it's only about 8 miles from McCarran Airport/the Strip. After a free self-guided tour of the factory, grab some chocolate goodies from the lounge/boutique and head out to the Botanical Cactus Garden. With over 300 plants species in the outdoor garden, don't miss this experience. There are cacti, succulents, and desert trees & shrubs from the Southwest US, Australia, and South America.
2) Ethel M Lounge. These chocolate boutiques are located at the Factory as well as other areas of the valley. Check them out here: McCarran Airport, the Flamingo Hotel, the California Hotel, and the District at Green Valley Ranch.
3) The Chocolate Swan. You can find it in the Mandalay Place shopping mall which is the shopping area connecting Mandalay Bay and the Luxor. It is an elegant shop with a crazy good variety of chocolate-infused sweets and other treats (cookies, bars, cakes, pies, truffles, traditional box chocolates). I especially love the chocolate-dipped fruit and the fruit tarts.
3) Jean-Philippe Patisserie. Located at the Bellagio, this place is truly eye-candy with its towering chocolate fountain! In addition to the cascading creation, there are many great treats like chocolates, crepes, cookies, and cakes.
4) M & M's World. I've only been to M & M's World a few times, but if you have kids with, this is a definite "must see". It's an imaginatively sweet wonderland. It's accessible from Las Vegas Boulevard and is adjacent to the MGM Grand.
5) Vosges Haut-chocolat. This can be found at the Forum Shops (Caesars Palace). If you want exotic creations, this is the place for you. With truffles created with international ingredients (think wasabi, ginger, chillies, paprika, star anise, pumpkin seeds), drinking chocolates inspired by the Aztecs, as well as cakes, brownies, and cookies, this is a feast for the eyes, the soul, and the stomach.