Lovely Las Vegas Food: Freed's Bakery Flower Pot Cake


Freed's Bakery, located near the hospital Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican - Siena campus. Address: 9815 S. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89183. 



This is a Las Vegas classic. It was established in 1959 and has been voted Best Bakery in the Las Vegas valley for 30 years (impressive, non?) 


Walking inside, your senses are already on overload, not sure where to look...  

 

For this particular visit I was simply picking up a flowerpot cake I had pre-ordered online in preparations for Mother's Day (thought it would be an indulgent, lovely surprise for my mum). Apparently, it was a super busy weekend for Freed's Bakery because they not only had Mother's Day orders but also UNLV graduation sweets to prepare as well. I believe the kind employee who assisted me mentioned 200 cakes or so had been created for this weekend! 


So here is the flower pot cake! What do you think? This was the first photo of it, taken in my car. Hoping it would survive the drive back home, I wanted to capture an image of it in case any cake catastrophe occurred before setting it out for the family gathering. 


A closer view of the top of this creative and beautiful flower topped cake! The leaves were edible, as was the message card. And one of three of the flowers also seemed to be edible. 


Here is a close up of the actual pot. And take a peak at the dirt filling the pot (cake crumbles!) 
I also adore the Freed's medallion that adorned the pot. 


Check out my Instagram @lovelylasvegas to peak inside the deconstructed cake. And little hands that couldn't wait during the mimi cake photo session and were sneaking a pinch of the cake, hehe. 

Photos by Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas 

Comments

Popular Posts